At Susquehanna Dental Arts, we believe your ongoing, regularly scheduled hygiene visit is the most important appointment you can keep. Here’s a list of some of the things you can do to help your cleanings be more efficient.
Between Appointments Dental Care Check List
- First and foremost, keep all of your dental appointments in a timely fashion. Whether your cleaning appointments are every 3 or 6 months, keep that rotation going so no problems arise
- When there are other issues that warrant an extra trip to the dentist, make sure to schedule in a timely fashion – sooner rather than later. Most issues will only get worse the longer you wait.
- Follow daily recommended oral hygiene instructions concerning brushing and flossing after meals and at bedtime. Additionally, be sure to follow any special instructions for your personal home care. Floss the teeth you want to keep!
- Be careful what you eat try to make sure it isn’t something that will damage your teeth (such as excessively hard, acidic, or sugary foods and drinks).
- Also make sure to eat foods that are good for your teeth (foods high in Vitamin D or Calcium). Chewing some foods, such as celery, can help facilitate good blood flow and clean the teeth, as well as massage the gums.
- Do not use your teeth as tools to tighten or open things (such as beer caps or stubborn packaging).
- Protect your teeth with a mouth guard during sports activity.
- Bring a list of any updated/current medical history and medications to your next visit.
- Make a list of any questions and concerns you have about what is going on with your oral health prior to your visit.
We want to help you get the most out of your dentist visits – follow these steps outside the office for a better visit every time. Give us a call at 717-285-7033 to make your next appointment with us today!