We all want that perfectly white, glowing smile you typically see reserved for a Hollywood awards night. The good news is that with advancements in dentistry the costs have continued to come down, as well as the recovery time depending on what other procedures you may need. Susquehanna Dental Arts offers several different cosmetic dentistry procedures, based on what corrections your smile might require.
We encourage you to learn a bit more about each of these procedures listed below, and remember to consult with your dentist as to which treatment best fits your unique needs. Cosmetic dental work you might typically see includes:
- Teeth Whitening – The whitening craze has really picked up steam over the last few years. A great option for some, Dr. Allison also reminds patients that all teeth have different whiteness potential. Bleaching with TV products and dollar store gels or using whitening strips too frequently can actually damage your teeth and lead to dark spots later on. Professional bleaching procedures are often once-and-done which protects your enamel from frequent exposure to the bleach.
- Porcelain Veneers – Our porcelain veneers are thin ceramic shells that bond to your teeth to fill spaces or cover up crooked, discolored, and chipped teeth. These offer a more natural look and can be used for cosmetic purposes in addition to fixing other dental issues.
- Cosmetic Bonding & Aesthetics – Similar to the veneers above, dental bonding is an easy and cost effective option to cover badly stained, broken, or chipped teeth. Unlike veneers, this is done without removing as much enamel.
- Crowns – A custom fit cap that goes over your teeth, crowns are an excellent option for a tooth that is badly damaged or discolored.
- Implants – Susquehanna Dental Arts offers two types of dental implants. Regular implants and mini implants. Both are exceptional choices for tooth replacement and are made with titanium, which is a hypoallergenic material that allows your jaw bone to fuse with it. Mini implants, the ideal option for patients with bone loss, feature a much shorter healing time when compared to regular implants and you can actually fit your dentures right away.
- Other Cosmetic Dentistry Options – There’s quite an extensive list of cosmetic services we offer for your perfect smile, and they’re outlined on our services tab above. Some additional options include Invisalign™, bridges, complete and partial dentures, and more!
The Susquehanna Dental Arts team is more than happy to make any recommendations based on your situation. If you have any questions or want to explore any of these options, be sure to contact us by way of the phone number above.
We wish you all a Happy Holiday season, and look forward to a healthy and happy 2015!